Founded in 1716, originally the Palmer area was known only to early Indians. Settlers of Scot-Irish descent began moving to the area and gave it the name Elbow Tract Plantation later on in 1751. Soon after, in 1752, the area was formally recognized as a town and was given the name Palmer by the governor. The Palmer area consists of Bondsville, Depot Village, Three Rivers, and Thorndike.
Click the globe link to the right of the web address. At Palmer's homepage, Click ''How to get there''. Type in start location. (End location is already present.) Click get directions.